Real Time alerting using ArcGIS Velocity

Jump to solution
11-27-2023 10:10 AM
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

My state agency recently got access to ArcGISvelocity and I am trying to find information about setting up an alerting capability. We have a series of weather sensors that I can pull data from using an API. I am looking to join these sensors to an existing boundary feature service for our offices and set up alerts based on a specific change to the sensors. The change is anytme the sensor reading drops below certain temperature starting at 32 degrees and dropping in increments of 5 degrees.

Any thoughts on where I can find information about setting up this type of alert using Velocity?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

@Bryan_Wade You would use the HTTP Poller feed type to ingest data from the API. This feed would then be referenced in a real-time analytic. For the boundaries, it would depend if the boundaries were frequently changed. If not, you would use a feature layer source to bring that data into the real-time analytic. If the data did change frequently, you would want to configure a feature layer feed to bring the data in to pick up new features as they were added.

For the analytic logic, it sounds like a case to use our Detect Incidents tool to set your desired open and close conditions for an incident based on temperature values. Then you could configure the type of alerts (Amazon SNS, Amazon SQS, HTTP Output, Email, Text message, etc.) for the pipeline coming out of the Detect Incidents tool.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

@Bryan_Wade 

So the short answer is to use an HTTP Output Node as the endpoint of your logic, but you also might want to add a Control Event Volume,  just before this so you can handle conditions like the Hovering around 32 degrees issue.    I target our DAPage Services Solution and can distribute the output to almost any target you can image. I am happy to discuss this if you want just Private Message me with contact information. 

Additionally, you could probably target Sendgrid or Twillo. In all cases build your API strings and Parmaters in Arcade inside the NODE. 

0 Kudos
PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

@Bryan_Wade You would use the HTTP Poller feed type to ingest data from the API. This feed would then be referenced in a real-time analytic. For the boundaries, it would depend if the boundaries were frequently changed. If not, you would use a feature layer source to bring that data into the real-time analytic. If the data did change frequently, you would want to configure a feature layer feed to bring the data in to pick up new features as they were added.

For the analytic logic, it sounds like a case to use our Detect Incidents tool to set your desired open and close conditions for an incident based on temperature values. Then you could configure the type of alerts (Amazon SNS, Amazon SQS, HTTP Output, Email, Text message, etc.) for the pipeline coming out of the Detect Incidents tool.

0 Kudos