Hosting service for ArcGIS Velocity

10-04-2022 10:18 AM
MuhammadAbuGhosh
New Contributor II

Hello 
I have a project where i want  to connect live data updated every 30 minutes from 10 flow meters and connect them to dashboards and experience builder, however, my organization doesn't have a velocity license, and buying one for only such works will be infeasible.

Is there an alternative solution for such a connection? or is there a hosting company that already has purchased velocity that can charge only for hosting such a layer?

regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

@MuhammadAbuGhosh  Thanks for reaching out and for your question!

Currently ArcGIS Velocity offers three license levels, standard / advanced / dedicated. The Standard license is suited for organizations with lower velocities of data and simple use cases. It sounds like this would be applicable to your case where you have one or multiple feeds, and then would have a real-time analytic sending the data to update either Velocity-hosted or ArcGIS Online hosted feature layers for reference in your dashboards and maps/apps.

I am not yet aware of any vendors / non-Esri companies offering partial Velocity items as a service.

ArcGIS Velocity licensing documentation 

brudo
by
New Contributor III

For this use case, where you need to update a dataset of only 10 records, refreshing once every 30 minutes, even the lowest level of Velocity subscription offers far greater throughput than you require. Perhaps it would be sufficient, and more cost effective, to do this via Python in a scheduled Notebook?

MuhammadAbuGhosh
New Contributor II

Dear @PeterNasuti & @brudo 
Thanks a lot for your responses
i hope to see a lite / economic version of the velocity for such works in the future.

regards

0 Kudos