Verizon Connect Reveal Feed - add vehicle group field

03-16-2023 09:15 AM
Labels (3)
WilliamKeever
New Contributor II

Please add the vehicle group field to the Verizon Connect Reveal feed.  Currently, the Reveal vehicle group field isn't provided to Velocity.  Filtering by vehicle group, would be a valuable addition to Velocity and ArcGIS Online.  See attached pic.

7 Comments
AW_Grove

This update would make the solution actually useable for our Operations folks. Right now, if the driver doesn't use their keyfob we can only provide our dispatch center with vehicle location and they will see the entire fleet at once. That means dispatch knows a vehicle is nearby, but they have no way of knowing which team that vehicle is a part of (customer service, treatment, wastewater, locates, etc.). This means they don't know who or how to contact the individual or whether that vehicle is likely to have the equipment/skillset be able to address the issue. If the vehicle group is provided to Velocity we can then:

- query the data to only show customer service vehicles in the customer service application

- show the dispatch center everyone and allow them to filter to the 'T&D Construction' vehicle group when there is a water break

- show the dispatch center everyone and allow them to see what team is closet to a call and then use that team's radio channel to ask them to complete a site check

Thanks for this suggestion!

JeffSilberberg

Maybe in the mean time do a Survey 123 that is a "Check Out" of the vehicle collecting various inspection and staff information. You could then join to this layer in the Analytic to get the "missing" information for your users. 

AW_Grove

Thanks @JeffSilberberg  - in your experience is this something that would eat up tons of credits since it would run every 3 or so minutes against hundreds of records and I assume update a copy service each time (which would be slightly delayed from the Velocity layer) that we would feed into other applications? 

JeffSilberberg

@AW_Grove 

Not sure I can answer this -- The number of credits used by a survey 123 process is something you would need to look at in your environment and would be dependent on the complexity of the service I expect.   On the other hand Velocity does not use credits the same way, but pulling the new non-geo feature layer from the Survey into Velocity and enriching the Verizon Connect Reveal feed by joining the two together I don't think impacts the usage count.  

But your MMV so talk with your account team to be sure - 

AW_Grove

Thanks. We will look into this option. It would be much more beneficial to see out of the box so we don't have to maintain another process, but this may work as a short term alternative. 

PeterNasuti

@AW_Grove From the Velocity side, ArcGIS Velocity does not use credits and is instead operates on a subscription model. ArcGIS Velocity can write to multiple output feature layer types:

• ArcGIS Velocity layers - do not use credits
  • ArcGIS Online hosted feature layers - there is a credit consumption associated with these type of layers, see this documentation for more details on that 
  • ArcGIS Enterprise layers - do not use credits

From the Velocity side, we will be investigating the pathway to add the group field for Verizon Connect Reveal, thanks for adding this idea!

PeterNasuti

@WilliamKeever As an update, I have been in communication with Verizon about this enhancement/idea request. While the Verizon web application currently supports groups, there is enhancement still needed on the Verizon side to make the group field available through the underlying communication component.

Because the ArcGIS Velocity Verizon feed type depends on this underlying communication component, we cannot add this feature until it is present on the Verizon side. We will remain in contact with Verizon and explore adding this functionality when the requisite enhancement is made by Verizon.