Is it possible to edit the definition of layers in the Vector Basemap Editor?

03-03-2020 12:41 AM
HamishSt_George
New Contributor

Hi All,

I was wondering whether it is possible to change the definition of the different classes in the Basemap Style Editor. For example when I go to Populated Places -> Smallest -> City small scale/town small non capital. Am I able to define how large the population is that those points represent. 

I noticed in the mapbox documentation there is something about filtering data (Layers | Mapbox GL JS | Mapbox ) Which I believe that the Esri Styles are based off, but I have been unable to get this to work in the style editor or filtering in the JSON editor. If anyone is able to say whether this is possible or not it would be greatly appreciated. 

As an addition is it possible to change the drawing order of layers? 

Thanks,

Hamish

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidPyle
New Contributor

Hi Hamish.... did you ever get a handle on this issue?

0 Kudos
Andy-Green
Esri Contributor

Q:  Am I able to define how large the population is that those points represent.

A:  No, the cities in the categories are organized by more than just population, and not all entries have a population associated with them.

Q:  As an addition is it possible to change the drawing order of layers? 

A:  Yes and No.

Yes:  Can you re-arrange the drawing order of layers -- Yes, by downloading a copy of the style file for your custom tile layer.  Editing the JSON code to reorder per your desired results.  Save as root.json and Update this new file on your custom style item.

No:  In the Tile Style Editor at this point, No, but it is something we have requested for an Editor Tool enhancement.

0 Kudos