Transformers in a Transclosure

Jump to solution
09-16-2021 12:40 PM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

Within our Electric Network we have several transformers within transclosures.  The way they were explained to me is that it is an overhead transformer mounted to a short pole and inside a enclosure to protect it.  These can be attached to underground single or three phase lines.  There could be 1 or up to 4 in one location.  Does the electric utility network have a way of modeling this now that I'm not seeing, or is this a situation that I should add a new asset type for MV transformers that is a Transclosure and rules stating that it can connect to a MV Underground Single or MV Underground Three Phase line?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Transclosure asset type needs "Container" association role to be used as Container.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VishApte
Esri Contributor

You could create a "Transclosure" container (ElectricAssembly or StructureJunction or StructureBoundary if enclosure is a polygon) and then "short pole" and the "transformer" can be defined as "contains" of this container. You can use existing poletop MV transformer. If this poletop MV transformer type does not allow connection to "underground" MV, you can either add that rule or create a separate transformer type for "Pole Transformer in Enclosure" and allow connectivity to UG cables and containment to "Transclosure" container.  

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

I decided to go the route of adding a new Transclosure container in my Electric Assembly.  I added transclosure to the asset type electric medium voltage transformer bank as an additional domain .  However, when I go to add rule and select containment and Electric Assembly/Medium Voltage Transformer Bank by new Transclosure Asset Type is not showing in the list so I can't create it.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

So for Containers you need to run the Add Association rule first and then you can specify it as a containment in the Add rules.  That took a look of looking to be able to find that bit of info.

0 Kudos
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Transclosure asset type needs "Container" association role to be used as Container.  

0 Kudos