Subnetworks not wanting to propagate

286
4
08-13-2021 06:47 AM
JohnBendix
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

So we are dealing with a issue with both our Utility Networks not wanting to propagate out. Sometimes the subnetwork will show that's its dirty after an edit some times it don't. Even if the subnetwork is dirty and we update it ..it will not carry out any further even though all the rules and attributes are being meet. We recently sent this to Support with .bak files from our sql server instance. We are currently running Enterprise 10.8.1 with a federated arc server also. We are also running sql server 2016 64 BIT. We are currently running Arc Pro 2.6.2 and have all the service packs installed that are available for the UN. Is anyone else having the same issue? Any feedback would be appreciative.

 

 

 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

Not all edits with dirty a subnetwork -- it needs to be a network attribute field, modifying associations, and/or geometry.

When you say "propagate", do you mean the subnetwork is unexpectedly stopping? This could be connectivity (try a connected trace), terminal paths, condition barriers, etc.

 

0 Kudos
JohnBendix
New Contributor III

Hi Paul,

What I mean by not propagating is when I update my subnetwork is it will only go out so far even with the attributes , and rules applied correctly. We are trying to get our 1st Teir of our subnetworks to update all the way and they are not doing that even though the attributes and or rules are correct.

We started a support case to ESRI Support to see if they can replicate our issues also.

Thanks John. 

0 Kudos
SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, grappling with the exact same thing. Just wondering if you had any insight you could offer.

0 Kudos
SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor II

Posting the solution in our case, not alot of info on this topic.

We loaded client storm water CAD data into the latest UN asset package. The load failed at the Device > Manhole Channel > Manhole Channel layer, specifically the 'activevol' field, we left that field null during the load as we don't have attribute data for it. That caused the load to fail.

So we inserted arbitrary value of "1", data load was successful. Long story short, it was this value that was keeping the subnetwork dirty and would not propogate the network past the first manhole channel upstream of the subnetwork controller. Once we flipped to 'activevol = 0' the subnetwork is clean and network updated properly.

ESRI, seems like a valid default should be enforced in the asset pacakage for this field.

This may not be other people's problem, but it could be.

0 Kudos