Select to view content in your preferred language

Orphaned Associations

Jump to solution
07-19-2022 07:06 AM
JimmyBowden
Frequent Contributor

In my utility network there are what I can only describe as orphaned associations. ArcGIS Pro (2.9 and 3.0) shows them in the dirty areas table but doesn't show them in the Modify Associations pane.  I'd like to just delete them but I'm not seeing how to do that.   

JimmyBowden_1-1658190132248.png

When I query the rest endpoint there are results returned.  When I try to delete them from the rest endpoint I get an error.

JimmyBowden_2-1658190388691.png

Any ideas on how to clear these?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
d2crawfo
New Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

At the current time, unfortunately, there is no proper prescribed method for cleaning out these orphaned associations. Because there is additional metadata associated with the features in this state, it could cause confusion if you located the rows directly in the associations table and deleted them (using the backend DBMS). 

We are currently working on enhancements to our Modify Associations pane, so that these associations can be identified, presented, and removed from the data appropriately.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
d2crawfo
New Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

At the current time, unfortunately, there is no proper prescribed method for cleaning out these orphaned associations. Because there is additional metadata associated with the features in this state, it could cause confusion if you located the rows directly in the associations table and deleted them (using the backend DBMS). 

We are currently working on enhancements to our Modify Associations pane, so that these associations can be identified, presented, and removed from the data appropriately.  

0 Kudos