Cannot truncate UN feature classes

08-28-2024 10:52 AM
JohnHu
by
Occasional Contributor

I am working on an UN mobile geodatabase and use this for initial data loading from other existing feature class using FME form.  One major problem is that I cannot truncate the existing UN feature class such as ElectricLine,  ElectricJuntion etc using FME writer truncating option.  I need this function to work so I can reload data into UN feature classes based on problems,  incorrect data mapping,  or simply to make attribute corrections using my FME workbench.  Please help and let me know how I can resolve this issue and can truncate existing UN feature classes in order to do corrections for my data loading.  My electric UN mobile geodatabase is based on UN 6 for ArcGIS Pro 3.2,  and Enterprise 11.0,  or Electric UN V2.2.   Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoaquinMadrid1
Regular Contributor

If your target is a UN... could deletion semantics be a reason for this failure to truncate?

0 Kudos
JohnHu
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes,  my target is UN and I am working on a copied version of UN mobile geoedatabase.  I am still new to UN and cannot answer your question.  For now,  I just need to be able to truncate the FCs and reload in order to get data right for UN FCs.  

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Instead of truncating the data, you can just delete the data using the Delete Rows tool. Another option you could consider is taking a backup of your database prior to loading the data that you can restore back to. Finally, if you make any schema or configuration changes you will likely want to drop and recreate the database.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I also would suggest loading into an asset package and creating a new UN if you can.  It might actually be faster.

0 Kudos