Calculate Geometry fails

Jump to solution
04-05-2021 08:56 AM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I have a Water Utility Network AND a Sewer Utility Network Set up.  I have added an easting and northing field to both Networks under my Devices and Junctions.

I'm trying to run the Calculate Geometry via the Attribute table on a selected feature (s) with the property being the X or Y coordinate in my local coordinate system, however it creates an error against an attribute rule every time.  It is pretty much the exact same error in Water as it is in Sewer in both Devices and Junctions.

I could copy and paste the geometry Easting and Northing from the Geometry tab, but I have several to do and this will happen monthly.  So if I would be faster if I could just select several at once and then run the calculation tool instead of copying two bearings per point.  I also don't want to create an attribute rule for this as I only want the Easting and Northing to be filled out on certain ones and I don't want the field changing if it accidentally gets moved.

In addition I tried this via an exported asset package without the network enabled and the Calculate Geometry works as expected.

LindseyStone_0-1617637630224.png

LindseyStone_1-1617637708209.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindseyStone

I disable the rule to run on update and only on insert and I can now calculate geometry.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

The attribute rule work works in the asset package because it isn't present on the class itself, it exists in a side table (B_AttributeRules).

The rule in question should probably be disabled as other edits could also cause it to execute and fail with the same error message.

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

What exactly is this rule trying to accomplish as this is default to UN Schema and you mention that other edits could also cause it to execute and fail?

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

I disable the rule to run on update and only on insert and I can now calculate geometry.

0 Kudos