Trace downstream and field calculate a given field

07-27-2015 06:44 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
I work in Electric Transmission and Distribution.

What I would really like to see is the ability to place a flag on a a Feeder Bay or a Substation and then select an origin attribute.

Perform a downstream trace and automaticaly populate all selected features with the origin attribute given that the feature has the exact same attribute.

Example.  Place a flag on Feeder 2 Recloser in the Feeder Bay.  Select Feeder as the origin.  Perfrom the trace and all selected features that contain an attribute called Feeder are field calculated with that Feeder number.

Now to make this a much more powerful tool.  Place a flag on every Feeder Bay recloser.  Perform a downstream trace and if you Geometric Network is good it should select every feature other than the upstream features and populate each of them with appropiate feeder number.

That would be awesome.  
1 Comment
DavidCrawford

I assume this idea related specifically to the Geometric Network.  You could accomplish this task by writing a custom trace, which builds up a list of the downstream features and then writes the value to their fields using an update cursor.  There is no specific plans to enhance the core Geometric Network to support this. 

If this idea is about the new Utility Network, there is future enhancements planned to arcade to allow such a custom operation.