Select to view content in your preferred language

Network diagrams: right corner between linear assets

07-30-2021 03:33 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I tried to use Square Edges Layout Diagram to have a right corner in the junction point between linear assets. 

After the creation of the diagram, the output shows a right corner in the junction point, but the lines are broken.

Please find attached three images:

- Start.png represents the beginning status of the diagram;

- Result.png is the result using Square Edges Layout Diagram;

- Objective.png is the result that I expected.

Thanks, 

Antonio

3 Comments
AYBlin
by

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

After having a quick look at your Start and Objective diagram images, I think that the Angle Directed layout should do the job in your case!

Please find the sample diagram below before/after applying the Angle Directed layout 

NOTE: you will have to increase the Number of Iterations parameter value to get the result you want. In the sample case below, I run the layout with Number of Iterations = 150

SampleAngleDirecteLayoutResult.png

Thanks

Anne-Yvonne

MelissaJarman
Status changed to: Already Offered

Please let us know if the Angle Directed layout does not work to your needs. 

AnneYvonneBlin

Hi  @Anonymous User,

Maybe I misunderstood what you explained above. Please find some other suggestions below.
By default, with the 3 default installed diagram templates, the vertices along the diagram edges are always kept on the generated diagrams.
1/ Solution 1
If you generate a diagram based on one of these 3 templates, apply the Reshape Diagram Edges layout with the Remove Vertices operation first. This will remove all vertices along the diagram edges, so you end with straight lines between each pair of connected junctions in your diagram (see Diagram 2 below).
Then, re apply the Reshape Diagram Edges layout once again with the Square Edges operation (see Diagram 3 below). This should square the diagram edges as much as possible like you expect.
Solution1.png

2/ Solution 2
Following the steps detailed in this help topic section, create your own "custom" Basic, CollapseContainers or ExpandContainer templates with another name. When configuring the Alter Diagram Template tool, please keep the "Keep initial vertices on edges" option unchecked for your use-case.
If you want to get the Square Edges operation automatically executed at diagram generation, you can also run the Add Reshape Diagram Edges Layout tool with its default settings.

Hopping this will help
Anne-Yvonne