Select to view content in your preferred language

Export Utility Network to FGDB

02-03-2022 11:30 AM
sjet1010
New Contributor III

I want to run Attribute Rule testing in a file geodatabase so that way I don't have to boot all my users from the system to run testing. I want to be able to export my Utility Network so I can run rules based off related records. Anyone have suggestions on how to do so?

3 Comments
Billy
by

Hi sjet1010,

You could export the asset package (including your data) using the "Export Asset Package" geoprocessing tool and deploy the package to a FGDB. When working with attribute rule in FGDB You have to keep in mind that some Arcade scripts could work in the FGDB but won't have the same behavior/result in the Enterprise Geodatabase.

Another alternative is to create a testing environment by copying your operational Enterprise Geodatabase to a different instance of your DBMS, this option will allow you to test your attribute rules in a similar environment as your operational data.

RobertKrisher

This was added in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.  Here is the text from the What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.9:

• You can migrate utility network datasets between geodatabases for staging and testing using Copy and Paste tools and the Export XML Workspace Document and Import XML Workspace Document geoprocessing tools.
JonDeRose
Status changed to: Implemented

This capability was added in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.  Here is the text from the What's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.9:

• You can migrate utility network datasets between geodatabases for staging and testing using Copy and Paste tools and the Export XML Workspace Document and Import XML Workspace Document geoprocessing tools.