3D Network Trace

07-02-2019 11:39 AM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I thought that it would be a nice idea to incorporate a 3D Network Trace. It might be easier to do simply because there already exists a network trace for 2D features. I am working on a 3D project and I would like to be able to do a network trace in 3D since I am working on a model that includes several 3D line features. I think this would be a good benefit to the 3D webscene capabilities since webscenes are still relatively limited. I am hoping ESRI will continue to expand more in the 3D webscene environment. 

3 Comments
AnthonyRyanEQL

Robert,

I believe this capability exists in the latest release of ArcGIS Pro relating to the Utility Network. I saw a demo from Esri Inc using a V2.4 pre release where the user selected an OH line in the 3D scene and traced the network showing the results along the 3D rendered view of the network

RPGIS
by

Thanks Anthony,

I was hoping to also see if they would be able to allow network traces to be done with 3D models in AGO webscenes. I am working on a project that I would like to incorporate the capabilities of the network trace with the 3D model and so I wasn't sure the direction that Esri is taking in terms of 3D capabilites. If need be I can try to run a tool with the model published from pro to AGO and see if I can feed the results into the AGO webscene model.

Robert

GIS_Solutions

Yes, it can definitely be 3d traced.