Select to view content in your preferred language

Urban February 2024 - Depreciate Exporting Into GDB

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
AhmedTarekAlhusainy
New Contributor II

Hello There, 

In ArcGIS Urban release notes for urban February 2024. there is a feature that has been removed.

"The Export Urban database functionality in which the urban database is exported to a file geodatabase is removed. Use the urban model copy workflow instead."

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/urban/latest/get-started/get-started-release-notes.htm 

They did mention using copy workflow instead, while the copying option doesn't allow copying outside to another AGOL or even export this urban model in GDB to be imported as it has previously existed.

I am wondering about the reason behind the depreciation of these features and what the are alternative options?

BTW using AGOL Assistant doesn't show the urban model as one allowable item to be modified "View JSON" or even copied neither.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi @AhmedTarekAlhusainy 

You are correct, the export Urban database functionality has been removed and replaced with the copy Urban model functionality in the last release. This is change is explained in more detail in this blog post: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/urban/data-management/simplify-urban-model-management-with...

I am not sure what you mean by "copying an Urban model to another AGOL". If you mean copying an Urban model to another organization on ArcGIS Online, the workflow can be described as follows: 1. Share the Urban model with a user from the Organization you want to copy the Urban model to. 2. Log-in with that user and perform the copy Urban model action. This is also described in more detail in the blog post.

If you mean copying an Urban model from ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Enterprise, than this is currently not easily possible.

Can you give me more information about what exactly you are trying to achieve? This allows me to better assist you.

Thanks,

Till

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Till_Schmid
Esri Contributor

Hi @AhmedTarekAlhusainy 

You are correct, the export Urban database functionality has been removed and replaced with the copy Urban model functionality in the last release. This is change is explained in more detail in this blog post: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/urban/data-management/simplify-urban-model-management-with...

I am not sure what you mean by "copying an Urban model to another AGOL". If you mean copying an Urban model to another organization on ArcGIS Online, the workflow can be described as follows: 1. Share the Urban model with a user from the Organization you want to copy the Urban model to. 2. Log-in with that user and perform the copy Urban model action. This is also described in more detail in the blog post.

If you mean copying an Urban model from ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Enterprise, than this is currently not easily possible.

Can you give me more information about what exactly you are trying to achieve? This allows me to better assist you.

Thanks,

Till

AhmedTarekAlhusainy
New Contributor II

I appreciate your prompt response. I'd like to add I was about to enable sharing and collaboration to allow other ArcGIS Online Organizations Members to contribute & interact.

Finally, Thank you @Till_Schmid 

0 Kudos