Loading projects and status types

02-22-2022 03:07 PM
sonia_ml
New Contributor II

I am having trouble loading Future buildings. I added the Projects as a Feature Layer (polygon).

What type of feature layer should I use to add the Future Buildings? I tried polygon feature layer and a scene and none of them work.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @sonia_ml 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with adding future buildings to projects. 

To further narrow down the issue, it would be beneficial to know a bit more about what exactly you are experiencing, e.g:

• Are you getting an error when trying to import future buildings from a polygon feature layer? If so, what kind of error do you get?
  • Does the import dialog run through but the buildings don't show up in the overview?
  • Can you provide reproduction steps for the issue you are experiencing?

When importing future buildings to projects through the data manager, please ensure the following:

• The future building footprints are imported from a hosted feature layer.
  • The future building footprints in the hosted feature layer have a z-value - so that the 2D footprint geometries are correctly placed on the terrain. 
  • The features in the future building footprints layer should have at least the following two attributes:
    • A foreign key that points to the JoinID of the project the footprint belongs to.
    • An attribute storing the height of the building. This value is used to extrude the 2D footprint.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
sonia_ml
New Contributor II

Hello Dominick,  thank you in advance for your help

For future buildings I am importing a Multipatch  footprint scene.

sonia_ml_0-1646168435127.jpeg

When I try to match Project with Event Name or Event. I get an error (See below)

sonia_ml_1-1646168435130.png

I am only able to connect Project with CustomID and get an error, see below.

sonia_ml_2-1646168435132.png

sonia_ml_3-1646168435133.png

0 Kudos
DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @sonia_ml,

Thanks for the additional insights. To me, it looks like there are actually two issues:

1) The layer that is being used to import the building footprints from.

2) Matching the building footprints to the projects.

I'm confident that we will get this sorted out soon.

Regarding issue 1

For future buildings I am importing a Multipatch  footprint scene.

What exactly do you mean by a "Multipatch footprint scene"? Are you trying to import the footprints from the associated feature layer of a 3D Object Scene layer? Does your future buildings layer only contain the building footprints that you'd like to import to your Urban Model or does it also contain other features?

Regarding issue 2:

The screen with the validation errors is displayed if there are footprints in the future buildings layer that cannot be matched to a project.

sonia_ml_1-1646168435130.png

A potential reason is that the values in the "Project" field of the future buildings layer don't match the projects' "Join ID".

Please ensure that the values stored in what you configure as the "Project" field when importing the future building footprints are matching the "Join ID" values of your projects.

DominikAllemann_0-1646210947603.png

DominikAllemann_1-1646210954238.png

In case of further questions, please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos