basemap language

Jump to solution
07-12-2019 10:30 PM
SoheilHashtarkhani
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

My problem is that when I add basemap (openstreetmap or worldmap) all places are in local language (persian). but I need it for scientific article which should be in English. how can I change the language?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Soheil, 

If you are using Vector Basemaps from AGOL you can change your language and region settings. Take a look at the new features in What's New in Esri Vector Basemaps (February 2019).  

if you are using open maps tile server, choose a tile server that hosts basemaps in the English language such as in the UK or USA. Take a look at open map tiles languages.

You can also try changing your workstation/browser region and language options but many servers look at your IP to determine which maps to offer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Soheil, 

If you are using Vector Basemaps from AGOL you can change your language and region settings. Take a look at the new features in What's New in Esri Vector Basemaps (February 2019).  

if you are using open maps tile server, choose a tile server that hosts basemaps in the English language such as in the UK or USA. Take a look at open map tiles languages.

You can also try changing your workstation/browser region and language options but many servers look at your IP to determine which maps to offer.

PauloWense
New Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem, but still cannot change the language of the basemaps. Thing is, I am logged in with a account of my university in germany, which has the region set in germany (not to change). Tried changing region setting on computer, tried changing setting in the app as well. I have access to the basemaps of the university, which are in german. Is there something I'm not able to see, or any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos