Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Urban | Plan & Project Clipped Reference Layers

2 weeks ago
KThompson
New Contributor II

Hello All,

I am currently investigating an ask of limiting Reference Layers in ArcGIS Urban for Projects & Plans. The need is to make things more clear to clip various layers to only show the areas that are part of our Study Area. The best way to do this would be to have things spatially filtered to our areas without creating cut copies of each dataset and served up just for this purpose as a separate Web Service. 

The reason to post this on ArcGIS Ideas is because when it comes to planning this easily turns into a big ask when there are 10+ layers that would need this clipping. This could be achieved with an Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process using either ModelBuilder or FME and some thought would have to be applied to the structure so that you would have it completed for all Projects or all Plans at once. Structuring the attribute table with an identifiable field to filter the Web Services in each Web Scene for each Project or Plan would make this fit within the functionality of ArcGIS Urban.

Here we can see the Floodplain data added as a reference layer:

KThompson_0-1719401354976.png

Here we can see the Business Improvement Area (BIA) data added as a reference layer:

KThompson_1-1719401476345.png

Here we can see a buffered clip of the Floodplain layer added as a reference layer from just my testing:

KThompson_2-1719401779357.png

I have spent some time trying to identify if there currently would be any tools to achieved this and starting at the top of the technology stack and moving downward. The best place to achieve this would be inside ArcGIS Urban itself using something like Graphql and from within the configuration of the application. Moving further down I have also checked if this can be done from the Web Scene, Scene Layer, Hosted Feature Layer etc. Moving one level further down and seeing if this can be done through the ArcGIS Servers or Views etc.

Here are some tools but none seem like they would allow this:

Web Scene:

Hosted Feature Layers:

ArcGIS Pro:

ArcGIS Server:
Have yet to find a tool here?

Anyways thanks for the help in advance