Problem with Actions Tab Question

03-15-2021 08:54 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I wanted to post this a question that I am working on to learn about Creating your first dashboard using ArcGIS dashboards here : https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/ops-dashboard/mapping/create-first-arcgis-dashboards/

It seems like on Step 6 it talks about trigger  on the Map Actions tab.

Well it seem like this page has not update to reflect the latest update.  Mine had said  Actions tab and then it says When Selections changes and then when I click on the Add Target. and was able to add list..

BUT if you go to the same thing  for Trigger for the flash  on step 7 and  I was able to add this flash from the Add Target.

All good but it did not mention to save it before you go back to Configure .  How is that possible ?

Because in order for you to go back to Configure , you need to save it.  When I did that and went back to Configure again and I don't see any trigger at all.

PROBERT68_0-1615823629302.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I have since move on and it has not been re-solved. 

I believe this is a old version that has been issue I think.

0 Kudos
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Robert,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Learn ArcGIS Team is looking into the situation. We will respond here when we have more information on the matter.

Adena

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Just this blog is not working but if you go to  here https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/monitor-real-time-emergencies/   That worked. so I believe that blog is old.

0 Kudos
RebekaAlvarez-Heck
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert,

We updated the blog you referenced (Create your first dashboard using ArcGIS Dashboards). The steps are in working order for ArcGIS Online. If you're using Enterprise, you won't see the same functionality. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please be in touch if you encounter issues again!

0 Kudos