Select to view content in your preferred language

Action Follow Feature not on the list to choose from Vehicles (Latest) ?

Jump to solution
03-16-2021 10:22 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hello, This Lesson has another problem, I think, https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/oversee-snowplows-in-real-time/

If you scroll down to Add Elements (Under Create  a dashboard), When you use the List as an element and you selected a layer Vehicles (Latest).

On my side, if you go to Number 6 . This is about Actions. When you add an Action, There is a list you choose from.  On my side, I only have a few list to choose and one of them did not appear Follow Feature

Here is my screenshot of what I am talking about

PROBERT68_0-1615914964578.png

I am, I think, maybe this layer is not connected to this ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, which cause not to display the follow Feature ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi @PROBERT68 , thank you for reporting this issue.

I think I have found the problem. You can solve it by saving your dashboard and returning to your web map. Change the refresh interval for each layer to 0.5 minutes (see step 1 in the Add real-time data section). Then return to your dashboard and refresh the page. The Follow Feature action should be available.

See explanation here: "The shortest possible refresh interval that can be set on a hosted feature layer changed from 6 seconds to 30 seconds at the September 2020 ArcGIS Online Update."

This lesson will be updated shortly to reflect this and other changes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi @PROBERT68 , thank you for reporting this issue.

I think I have found the problem. You can solve it by saving your dashboard and returning to your web map. Change the refresh interval for each layer to 0.5 minutes (see step 1 in the Add real-time data section). Then return to your dashboard and refresh the page. The Follow Feature action should be available.

See explanation here: "The shortest possible refresh interval that can be set on a hosted feature layer changed from 6 seconds to 30 seconds at the September 2020 ArcGIS Online Update."

This lesson will be updated shortly to reflect this and other changes.

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @HeatherSmith  for the replied. THAT WORKED ! 

Yes I read it that it can do 0.01 but then it keeps return to 0.  I didn't know it was updated so now I know why.

0 Kudos