Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to enable Location Tracking

03-12-2020 08:09 AM
Jean-SebastienLauzon
New Contributor III

Although we have Tracker for ArcGIS App Licences, when I try to enable Location Tracking under our Organizations Extension, I get an error message "Unable to enable Location Tracking"

Anyone's had this issues before and know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RonanHervé
New Contributor II

Hi @Izzat,

I don't know your platform but here are the general steps :

1. Connect to the server hosting the datastore
  2. Install pgAdmin
  3. Connect to the 'gwdb' database with your Portal admin account
  4. Find an item containing 'location_tracking'

SELECT * FROM public.gw_items
WHERE item like '%location_tracking%'

Delete this row if you are sure that the service no longer exists.

I repeat : this operation is not recommended by ESRI. So be ready to restore the datastore if that fails.

0 Kudos
JeffPace1
New Contributor III

So i have this error (10.8.1 to 10.9.1 upgrade), have one row in database.  However, my service on hosting server exists and is up. 

Cant delete the item because I have hosted feature layers with data that depend on it.

ideas?

0 Kudos
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
JeffPace1
New Contributor III

Deleting the item (as linked above) fails because there is a Hosted Feature Layer dependent on it (the tracks)

0 Kudos
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi @JeffPace1 , here is more detailed steps, FYI:

1. Go to portal, under folder Location Tracking, delete the tracker viewer that was created before. That viewer maybe has delete protection, you can disable it from portal, then delete.

2. Go to portal rest, that is ../portal/sharing/rest/, following above document, find the location tracking service item, use related operation - disable protect - to make the Location Tracking service can be deleted, then use the operation - delete item - to delete it.

3. Back to portal, organization /settings to enable location tracking.

0 Kudos
JeffPace1
New Contributor III

Will this preserve the existing track data?

0 Kudos
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

Please take a further research on that and I don't know the answer, for my environment is DEV and has no data.

0 Kudos