Tracker Data not showing up in "New" Map Viewer?

03-16-2022 10:34 AM
PaulVepraskas
Occasional Contributor

When I open up the "New" Map Viewer to build a map and try to add data created by Tracker it does not show up and I do not get an error?

If I open up a map in the New Viewer that was created in Classic the layers are there but no data on the map?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @PaulVepraskas for the first case, do you have screenshot of it? Are you using ArcGIS Online or Enterprise?

0 Kudos
PaulVepraskas
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Online - below is the result... It just spins for ever and ever.  

PaulVepraskas_0-1647452737503.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

My guess is the requests to fetch the feature service definition are failing or timing out due to a backend issue. You could try opening developer tools in your browser, opening the network tab, and then clicking to add the item to the map. If everything works correctly, you should see successful requests. If it's not working these will return no data and not have a 200 response.

This is what it should look like:

AaronPulver_0-1647453428512.png

If you consistently see this issue, I'd recommend opening a support ticket.

0 Kudos
PaulVepraskas
Occasional Contributor

Appears the New Viewer Cannot handle the amount of data in the Tracks.  I added the Layers one by one with their URL's.  The Current Location came in, but the Tracks were added to the Layer list but did not appear.  I was able to set the filter to just the last five days and then the tracks appeared

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How many people are being tracked?

Did the track lines layer work?

When you add the tracking layers, it's supposed to create a group layer with all 3 layers in it and apply scale symbology to prevent a lot of points from being drawn when zoomed out. When zoomed out it should default to showing lines and the current location.

0 Kudos