Year format on mobile

05-29-2020 09:59 AM
JoanLouie1
New Contributor II

I recently noticed an issue where a Date question with the Year format (appearance) will display Month, Day and Year, for the user to input. There is no issue in Survey123 Connect, or a computer browser. But on the mobile browsers for both Android and iOS, the user is shown Month/Day/Year. It was only a couple of weeks ago, working on this same survey, there was no problem with this question/format. Everything worked as expected.

This week I noticed the change. I also downloaded the sample template (Date & time?) from Esri, and the same issue persists, so I know it's definitely not something that changed on our survey form.

Has anyone else noticed this and/or have a fix?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joan,

I can see the same issue you described with iOS or Android browser, field app or Desktop browser worked just fine with year only input.

Could you contact Esri Support to submit this issue as a bug? Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

0 Kudos
DanielleG_Nashville
New Contributor II

Have there been any updates to this? I am using Survey123 Web Designer for a browser-based public survey, and despite selecting "Year Only", I am still seeing a full month-day-year calendar in iOS/iPadOS (unsure about Android). Chrome and Edge respond with Year Only calendars.

0 Kudos