Select to view content in your preferred language

XLSform Summary of Repeats

a week ago
WilliamSteinley
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to make a summary section for my repeat and I'd like it to be similar to the below example. As surveyors add trees and data into the repeat they need an easy way of seeing what they have already collected.

I've tried in XLSform to use the functions, count(${tree_number}), sum, and others and cant seem to make a solution work. count works for 1 question but I cant make the field count multiple questions like I thought.

any advice?

Screenshot 2024-06-20 133747.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do it using a grid and join.  See this post  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/getting-two-previously-entered-values-to-di... 

Hope that is what you mean

0 Kudos
WilliamSteinley
New Contributor

thanks for the help, its got me much closer to solving this problem.

my issue now is that once I try to add a second repeat form, the previously copied concat info disappears.

not sure how to make the join solution work?

Screenshot 2024-06-20 141300.pngScreenshot 2024-06-20 141311.png

Screenshot 2024-06-20 141616.png

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Move that concat inside the repeat then a field outside the repeat using join on that concat field.

WilliamSteinley
New Contributor

Almost there. thanks so much for your help thus far!

do you know how i can get the numbers to display horizontally like the original example in my first post?

Screenshot 2024-06-20 143259.png

Screenshot 2024-06-20 143619.png

0 Kudos
WilliamSteinley
New Contributor

I've tried all kinds of combinations to get the output as a horizontal column format, can I use the join function twice without applying math formulas to it?

I tried this with no success.

join("\n", ${tree_number}, "|") + join("\n", ${dbh}) + join("\n", ${height}, '|')

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No this is not the way.  You have the field listed in there twice.  Think of it as filling a box then stacking the boxes.

Inside the repeat you could have concat(all your fields).

Then outside the repeat it would be join("\n", ${the concat field above}).  

In your example that last line should just be join("\n", ${totals})  No need to have the fields twice like that.

You can get a little fancier with it also so it lines up better using Grid.

Like this.  So you skip the whole concat thing and just do a join on each field - one in each grid cell with a \n.  Since they are in order they just magically line up.  It will probably look nicer.  

DougBrowning_0-1718976682172.png

Try both and see which you like.

0 Kudos
WilliamSteinley
New Contributor

Almost there. thanks so much for your help thus far!

do you know how i can get the numbers to display horizontally like the original example in my first post?

WilliamSteinley_1-1718919384694.png

Screenshot 2024-06-20 143259.png

0 Kudos