XLSform issue

Jump to solution
01-23-2018 03:51 PM
HowardWang1
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am currently having a problem to establish the XLSform. Below is the description of problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If there is a number of weeds with few locations as where they exist, how to take out the weeds I need by selecting multiple locations with ignoring the other locations in one row/command?

Take 2 scenarios for example.

Scenario1 - I need to have all weeds located in both Darwin and Katherine, having weeds 2, 6 and 7 selected with ignoring the other locations.

Scenario2 - I need to have all weeds located in Alice Springs, having weeds 5 and 7 selected with ignoring the other locations. 

Above two results should base on the same row/command in "choice_filter" column. With these limitations, how to input into "choice_filter" column of "survey" tab to make above 2 scenarios happen by using "and" or "or" or other possible functions?

weed location

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone knows about solution for the question, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Howard

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Howard,

While the choice_filter can support 'or' and 'and' in their statement, it does not have full function support (which would be needed to use the choice-selected function) currently.  I've added this to enhancement request to bring full function support for choice_filter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Howard,

'Or' statements are supported by choice filters- see the attached example.  you may want to check the upper/lowercase of your location values and the column names in the formula- these need to exact matches.

0 Kudos
HowardWang1
New Contributor

Hi James

Thanks for reply.

But I need the choices for selecting multiple location"s" at the same time instead of just one location. The XLSform that you attached is using "select_one", but it might need to use "select_multiple" and should also work for above 2 scenarios. When using select_multiple, it becomes tricky as I cannot just use "or" to fit above 2 scenarios together.

Cheers

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Howard,

While the choice_filter can support 'or' and 'and' in their statement, it does not have full function support (which would be needed to use the choice-selected function) currently.  I've added this to enhancement request to bring full function support for choice_filter.