Will overwriting the feature service break resending records?

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
KyleSmith2
New Contributor III

I need to overwrite the feature service for an existing layer to add domains and a related table.  Assuming I carry over all the records and maintain the same globalid, will users still be able to resend records from their Sent box?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KyleSmith2
New Contributor III

I ended up testing this and yes, you can overwrite the feature service and still resend records as long as you maintain the same globalid's.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do not think you will be able to save the globalid.  There is a check box for it in Pro but I heard it does not usually work.  I would test this first by making a copy.

0 Kudos
KyleSmith2
New Contributor III

Yeah, I ran into that issue with feature geodatabases.  You can get around the issue by using a mobile geodatabase, which will maintain globalid's.  I just copy and pasted data into a mobile gdb before making changes.  The globalid's are all the same after publishing a test service.

I'm working in a test survey, but testing the resent feature is enough of a headache I thought I would ask first.

KyleSmith2
New Contributor III

I ended up testing this and yes, you can overwrite the feature service and still resend records as long as you maintain the same globalid's.