Width column is narrower after last update

Jump to solution
09-28-2021 05:19 AM
SimoneLuppi
New Contributor

After the last update of Survey 123 (15th Sep, 2021), the column of a question became narrower, so it's impossible to write inside. In the versions before, the column was correctly sized. We are using that App from several months.

That bug will be solved in the next release?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SimoneLuppi@ldurland, @Anonymous User,

Please refer to the following blog post and specifically the "Working with nested groups (and repeats) in grids" section:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-groups-grids-and/ba-p/895267

Previously nested groups (including repeats) were not honoured correctly. Some enhancements were made in 3.13 to resolve these inconsistencies. Unfortunately it means depending on how your groups and grid theme w appearances have been configured, some minor changes may be needed to your forms.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue with a form that previously worked fine. Suddenly in both the android app and survey123 connect the form was scrunched to one side and unreadable. 

My form was styled as pages and theme-grid. I was able to get it working again by ensuring that all of the begin group questions had a "w1" in their appearance column (in my case, 'field-list w1' as I have multiple pages), and this solved my issue. I was then able to republish the form without problems.

It seems as though the form breaks after the recent survey123 update if the width is not explicitly defined in the appearance column of the XLS form, whereas in the past this could be left out and the default would work fine.

Tags (1)
ldurland
New Contributor II

Its fun going through almost a hundred surveys and fixing this lovely new feature. 😞

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SimoneLuppi@ldurland, @Anonymous User,

Please refer to the following blog post and specifically the "Working with nested groups (and repeats) in grids" section:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-groups-grids-and/ba-p/895267

Previously nested groups (including repeats) were not honoured correctly. Some enhancements were made in 3.13 to resolve these inconsistencies. Unfortunately it means depending on how your groups and grid theme w appearances have been configured, some minor changes may be needed to your forms.

Regards,

Phil.