Who can edit a S123 record after the survey has been submitted?

Jump to solution
12-28-2021 11:52 AM
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

we have a survey that's available to the public

I want some users inside our organization to be able to edit the records - preferably on the S123 Data page.

the survey is shared with a group whose users I want to be able to access and edit records, but they can't - on the S123 Data page, all they have access to is the print button and Options

the Feature Layer created by the survey is editable and shared with the group

group members are all user type Creator with various roles from Publisher to User

what determines who can edit records in S123's Data page? I assumed the feature layer's security would determine who could edit. Is this a Group Setting? One of those things you have to establish when the group is created?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

What settings do you have checked under the collaborate/update survey tab?

Katherine_Clark_0-1640721464159.png

Make sure the group itself has shared update capabilities, which is set when the group is first created.

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

What settings do you have checked under the collaborate/update survey tab?

Katherine_Clark_0-1640721464159.png

Make sure the group itself has shared update capabilities, which is set when the group is first created.

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

that was the problem - once I created a new group with shared update capabilities everyone was able to modify records in the Data page.

Thanks!