When will 3.10 be released?

08-04-2020 03:54 PM
DirkVandervoort
Occasional Contributor II

At the UC they were saying July 23. Today is August 4.

I have users that are requesting functionality that's in this new release.

Cheers!

8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dirk,

Survey123 3.10 will be released later this week, around Aug 6 at latest. There was a slight delay due to some unforeseen circumstances, however those have been rectified and the release is now in progress.

Regards,

Phil.

BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Philip Wilson‌,

Any more news on this one? I'm eagerly awaiting the new release.

Thanks!

Ben

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben,

Yes, 3.10 will be released on Aug 6 (US PDT) as mentioned above, so you should see it available tomorrow. Keep an eye out for the blog announcement.

Regards,

Phil.

BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Philip Wilson‌ - Timezones strike again!

Thanks!

KerryKang
Occasional Contributor II

It's available now!

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What happened to the Export database option?  We were really, really counting on that in this release.  I swear I saw it earlier?

thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

With 3.10 release, the ability to export and send the survey database and attachments is a feature that can be enabled via Survey123 properties, which can be configured via an MDM or configuring a custom build of Survey123 via AppStudio. Refer to documentation here Survey123 configuration for an enterprise GIS—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation and the enableDataRecovery property.

The reason this is a configurable property and not available to all users by default is due to data security concerns (raised by several customers during beta testing) and due to the limitations that only all surveys and data in the sqlite db and all attachments can be sent, not just those related to that user or a particular survey. In future releases we will be working on improvements to the way surveys and attachments are stored locally on the device, to improve this feature.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We have a lot of contractors so neither of those are options for me.  

I am not sure I get the security issue.  A user can always plug a tablet into computer and grab the database.  They can also probably open the service in AGOL and export in most cases.  Many times you can even open the service in Collector and grab that.  Unless I am missing something all i see it is a little easier.  

Here is our issue.  We have crews going out on 8 day long hitches.  They have no internet access at all.  They work in rough terrain which means tablets can get wet, cooked, etc.  Just last week we lost 2 iPads to water damage.  We lost all the data which is quite expensive for us.  If we would have had USB backups we would have only lost 1 day.

We can already backup to USB in Collector so I really am surprised 123 would be any different.   

Please reconsider some option or setting or something for this.  Having no way to backup in the field is really hard.  James Tedrick Ismael Chivite

thanks

0 Kudos