Webhook - Survey 123

02-03-2019 08:10 PM
Alicevan_der_Bruggen
New Contributor II

Hi,
I have created a Survey using Survey123Connect (3.0), and am now trying to setup a Webhook in order to get notification emails once a new survey is submitted. I am following instructions from https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/create-surveys/webhooks.htmhttps://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/create-surveys/webhooks.htm but I encounter 2 issues:
- I  don't have a payload URL to enter in the "Add Webhook" section of my survey settingsSurvey123 - Webhook section - Missing payload URL
- In Microsoft Flow, after selecting Survey123 as a Trigger, no survey appears in the dropdown list.

Webhook - Microsoft Flow - Missing survey

Can someone tell me where I am missing something?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Alice

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alice,

Within Integromat, you will need to open the "Webhook" module, then find and click on the "Copy address to clipboard", then go back into the Survey123 Dashboard "Settings" tab and paste this URL into your payload URL and turn on all 5 options.

Within MS Flow, once you sign into your ArcGIS Online Organization, then you should be able to see a list of available surveys from your organization. To do this, click on the 3 dots just to the right of the circle with an "I" inside it on the Survey123 Module banner bar, click "add new connection", sign into your AGO account, and then you will see a list of available surveys.

Good luck,

Mike

Alicevan_der_Bruggen
New Contributor II

Thank you very much Mike, it is now working (using Microsoft Flow)

Adding a new connection, as per your screenshot, solved the issue.
Once Microsoft Flow was set up, the corresponding payload URL then appeared automatically in the Survey123 Settings - Webhook section.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alice,

Please keep in mind that for some reason the connection/token from MS Flow into your ArcGIS Online account will be lost every 4-5 weeks and you will need to re-establish a connection; or at least that is what has been happening with me and few other users. I know that the Survey123 team has been trying to work with Microsoft to resolve the issue.

When/if it happens to you there will be a bunch of numbers and text within the module where the Survey name once appeared.

Once this happens, then you will need to do is open one of your Flows, tap on the Survey123 connector module, then the three dots, and add a connection. Sometimes it works on the first try and sometimes on the 5th or 6th try. You will have to click in the name where your survey once showed up to see if the list of available surveys shows up. Once this happens, then you will need to re-select your survey for the webhook to be associated to the survey again.

In my experience, when this happens you will need to open connect, re-download the survey form (this will help preserve the new webhook), republish the survey, and then have individuals refresh the survey in order for the webhook to work and function. After this occurs, I will then go into the "Connections" portion of the MS Flow website and delete the old and non-working connections to my AGO account.

I have not had this issue with Integromat.

Good luck,

Mike

Alicevan_der_Bruggen
New Contributor II

Thanks Mike for the warning!
I will keep that in mind...
I will look into Integromat as an alternative, especially if it doesn't create the same issue every 4-5 weeks.
Thanks again!

AlexClarke-Hale
New Contributor

Does anyone know if this issue been fixed?

Im looking at setting up Survey123 webhooks with PowerAutomate but dont want to run into this problem above

0 Kudos