Webhook Options - What are YOU using?

10-05-2021 09:15 AM
AlexRudowski
New Contributor III

There are many options when it comes to webhooks.

We've been using an Integromat basic license (one step up from free) pretty rigorously with Survey123 since the start of pandemic shutdowns. About every month our scenario (webhook) stops and doesn't send a stoppage notification. Sometimes one of the modules will just stop working, which sometimes seems to be related to a module update, but also seems to happen for no reason at all. When this happens our only solution is to blow up the webhook and essentially copy-paste everything into a new scenario. The bottom line, we're looking for a new webhook solution.

We want to know what you're using for webhooks and whether or not you actually like what you're using and why.

The scenario below is our basic go-to for a webhook workflow:

Watch the survey for new entries >>> Create a report when a new survey is submitted >>> Get the report from Survey123 >>> Email the report to staff

AlexRudowski_0-1633443892107.png

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

We use FME server to consume the Survey123 webhooks and run ETL processes when new surveys are submitted.  It seems reliable, we have around 25 surveys, each with a webhook that FME 'listens' to and launches various ETL processes when surveys are submitted.  I have noticed a few instances (maybe 5 out of 5000 records) of a webhook not firing (or rather, the FME ETL process did not run as expected).  We did not spend time to chase down why , just manually executed the ETL and moved on.

I have no other webhook experiences other than FME server, but it works well as a trigger to ETL data after a survey has been submitted...

- Jake

AlexRudowski
New Contributor III

Thanks for your input, it looks pricey, but we'll take a look!

0 Kudos
AlexRudowski
New Contributor III

EDIT: I can't put all the blame on Integromat because it looks like sometimes Survey123 is taking forever to produce the report and just times out after about 3 minutes and that causes the webhook to fail

AlexRudowski_0-1633472599997.png

0 Kudos
3CDCOrganizationalAccount
New Contributor III

We use Microsoft's Power Automate. I think its pretty similar to Integromat so I am not sure if it will be a step up since it seems like you have a pretty big workflow but it could be something to check out. 

AlexRudowski
New Contributor III

Thanks, we'll take a look. I agree, it looks pretty similar to Integromat.

0 Kudos
AlexRudowski
New Contributor III

I just read that Integromat is re-branding and calling itself Make. Except for a color scheme change, it looks the same. On the plus side, I created an account with my government email without having to contact customer support. I'm hoping this means that when scenarios error out and stop, I can now send those messages to my work email instead of a personal account. I'll give an update when we migrate our scenarios.

0 Kudos