Select to view content in your preferred language

Warning (Yellow Flag) validation

02-15-2017 04:59 PM
DanielMcIlroy
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible (or is it functionality that is planned/coming) to expand the required field to allow for a "Warning" type message if a field is left blank?

We are designing a form for a field trip that allows no response to certain questions, however they would like it if a warning was displayed to the user that they had not completed the field but allowed the user to acknowledge it and still submit the survey.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan,

One way this can be accomplished is with a select_one/select_multiple that is used to override the constraint - the constraint function becomes 

<Existing constraint> or ${overridefield} = <override value>

As an example:

(survey sheet):

typenamelabelhintconstraint
integervalue1Enter in the number of things(Normally 10 or less). < 10 or ${ok1} = 'override'
select_one okok1Confirm that the number is correct

(choices sheet):

list_namenamelabel
okoverrideValue is correct
DanielMcIlroy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks James, this works great and I think will solve the problem. I will modify the constraint to look for a null value rather than a number range as the user wants to allow field users to not capture a value, but ensure that it wasn't missed by accident.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan- great.  Make sure you pay attention to how null values are expressed - Formulas—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  provides guidance.

DanielMcIlroy
Frequent Contributor

That formulas page is a fantastic resource, thanks for passing it on. I definitely came up against the null value brick wall!

Thank you so much for your help, I am trying to implement Survey123 for a large field campaign about to be undertaken so no doubt I will pop up with more questions!

0 Kudos