Version not compatible with this device

Jump to solution
03-27-2019 11:14 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

When installing Survey123 v3.3.64 from the app store I get a message "this version of survey123 for arcgis is not compatible with this device" and it will install a previous version.

Device: iPad

Version: 10.3.3 (14G60)

Model: MD511LL/A

Is this a simple iOS update required on this device or is it a full incompatibility problem?

Thanks for any info!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

Based on a quick search this is an iPad 4th gen, which means the device is no longer supported. If you can not upgrade to iOS 11 (which I assume is the case) then the app will not be supported also. Apple now has new minimum requirements for uploading apps to the App Store, including building apps with Xcode 10. Therefore is the device architecture is old, and does not support this, then new apps uploaded to App Store will also not be able to be installed on these devices.

If you can upgrade to iOS 11 then you should be able to install the latest Survey123 app, if you can not upgrade to iOS 11 then you can also not install the latest App Store apps.

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

Based on a quick search this is an iPad 4th gen, which means the device is no longer supported. If you can not upgrade to iOS 11 (which I assume is the case) then the app will not be supported also. Apple now has new minimum requirements for uploading apps to the App Store, including building apps with Xcode 10. Therefore is the device architecture is old, and does not support this, then new apps uploaded to App Store will also not be able to be installed on these devices.

If you can upgrade to iOS 11 then you should be able to install the latest Survey123 app, if you can not upgrade to iOS 11 then you can also not install the latest App Store apps.

Phil.

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for the detailed information, Philip.  Very informative and useful!