Using repeat answers in a template report

11-22-2022 06:38 PM
LocationDataServ
New Contributor II

I am able to use the answers from a repeating question in a report template but I'm hoping someone has the answer in how to clean things up a bit.

I'm populating a table with the results of the survey but the only way I've been able to configure the template winds up creating a blank space between each record.

LocationDataServ_0-1669170942776.png

If I start the repeat above the field headers, then the headers are repeated for each record, and I can't embed the start repeat within the table itself without getting errors.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a reason you have ${#observations} and ${/observations} outside of the table row?

You should be able to include the start and end tags in the same cell as the data. So for example, the cell under the "Number" column would have ${#observations}${address_num}    (Notice that I didn't include a space, so there won't be a space at the beginning of each address number.)

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
LocationDataServ
New Contributor II

Hi Kathrine,
I think I set it up like this based on another post I had seen.  I tried your approach, but am unable to validate if it works as I am now getting this error when trying to publish the template.
Re: Survey 123 Report Template Error: Failed to pa... - Page 5 - Esri Community

0 Kudos