Using Relevant to Collapse (Compact) One Group When Another is Opened

04-08-2022 06:27 AM
CN
by
New Contributor III

I'm thinking this is likely possible but not sure on the syntax.  Say one has two S123 groups, I would like both to be set  to  the appearance "compact" at load but would only want 1 group open at anytime.  So if group1 is expanded, group2  is compacted, if group2 is open, group1 is compacted.  Any assistance is appreciated if supported.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't actually know if this is possible. You can set the initial appearance of a group to be expanded or collapsed, but once the survey loads, the appearance attribute does not appear to be dynamic.

You can sort of do this with the relevant column, but doing so would wipe out your answers, and the value in the relevant column would need to be controlled by some other question. But again, this wipes out answers wherever relevant is "no", so this is not a good idea.

ArcGISSurvey123Connect_m6dHnONpB7.gif

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
CN
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for looking into the matter Josh.  This functionality is not a deal breaker but would save on vertical space and additional clicks since i'm creating a very lengthy survey

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried splitting your questions across multiple pages?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@jcarlson @CN 

@CN wrote:

I'm thinking this is likely possible but not sure on the syntax.  Say one has two S123 groups, I would like both to be set  to  the appearance "compact" at load but would only want 1 group open at anytime.  So if group1 is expanded, group2  is compacted, if group2 is open, group1 is compacted.  Any assistance is appreciated if supported.  Thanks. 

Tip: If you move your relevant expression to the body::esri:visible column, you will control the visibility of the question without affecting its values. When a relevant expression is false, the question is hidden and nulled-out. When that same expression is moved into the body::esri:visible, the question is hidden, but the values will remain untouched.

For more details see Question visibility section in this help topic.

IsmaelChivite_0-1649430897495.png

CN
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info Ismael.  Just to be clear for this particular survey, i do not want to hide groups rather just collapse them(the appearance compact setting)...see screenshot below.  If nested concrete repair group is expanded i want the rest to be collapsed.  I only want the current nested group to be open.  Is this possible?  if so i'm intently listening.  Thanks. 

CN_0-1649436492122.png

0 Kudos