Select to view content in your preferred language

Using pulldata() to auto-populate in a Repeat

08-12-2024 02:26 PM
HaleyEbert
New Contributor

Hello! I am trying to use the pulldata() function to autopopulate certain fields when a survey participant chooses a facility from a list. Facilities also have the opportunity to fill in information for multiple facilities using a repeat. 

This works well when the fields are not within a repeat, and it works in a repeat when I test it in Connect (meaning that when facilities are chosen, the unique values for that facility autopopulate correctly).  What is puzzling to me is that when I publish the survey, the repeats all autopopulate the information from the first facility chosen, and do not pull in the correct data for subsequent facilities.  Is this a limitation of the relationship between pulldata and repeats or is there something I can do to ensure all unique values will populate for unique facilities chosen? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hard to say what's going on without the form to look at. Can you share the CSV?

If you are making the facility selection outside the repeat, it would make sense for all repeat items to use that same facility. But if you are making the selection inside the repeat, they should all be independent.

0 Kudos
HaleyEbert
New Contributor

Thanks for your speedy response! Everything in question is within the repeat, which is why it is peculiar. Not sure why I am unable to upload the CSV and get an error when I try to upload a photo. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Are you able to upload your XLSX?

0 Kudos