Using Inbox and cannot submit updated survey because an image that is required is not present

05-15-2020 12:38 AM
Jeff_VanEtten
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use the inbox functionality, but because images are not pulled back, I cannot update my survey as this is a required field, and Survey123 thinks that this has not been completed.  Is there a work around or is this a bug!  

Thanks for looking!

I am using 3.9.120 connect and 3.9.148 survey app.

Jeff Van Etten
Head of GIS
Tetra Tech Ltd
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Currently it's a limitation that images are not accessible in Inbox. There is an existing enhancement request submitted to support viewing/editing the images in Inbox:

ENH-000112172 Allow users to view images from submitted surveys in the survey's inbox

I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

You could workaround this by using the Send box for editing the submitted surveys(only the ones you submitted locally with the device), or remove the required field for the images so that other fields will be editable without the sending issue.

0 Kudos