user with sending error/trouble uploading

09-07-2021 01:14 PM
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

User is having trouble submitting, says the following,

After trying to send data I get this message. Acts as though it's uploading and after it runs thru each inspection this is the message that pops up every time. I just tried to upload again after receiving this email but still not working. I uploaded the program on my home computer and received the same results. Appeared to upload but would not send. Don't think it's a device issue.

Screenshot_20210907-115822_Survey123.jpg 

I am not sure what the issue is.

Tags (2)
9 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Best thing is to check the log file in settings.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AldousTsang,

If you click on the red exclamation mark next to each record in the Outbox it will give you a detailed error message and possibly an error code. Can you please provide this information?

Also, as @DougBrowning suggests, can you enable Diagnostic logs (from the Settings menu) and enable logging before trying to Send, and then capture the logs and save to txt file. If you can share this also it will help narrow down the error.

Lastly, has anything changed on the survey or feature service side lately, was the survey re-published, sharing permissions changed etc?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

Here are the logs. I am awaiting for the user/consultant to send me the detailed error message/error code.

edit (doesn't look like there's anything else): 

Screenshot_20210908-081931_Survey123.jpg

No there was no changes to the survey/feature service/sharing permission. User mentioned it occurred 8/30.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The number one reason I have seen this is trying to send a photo or file that is over 10mb.  May be it.

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

What do you recommend me trying? Seems like the user/consultant is having trouble submitting new ones as well

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AldousTsang,

The log files you provided do not appear to capture sending a survey with the error. You need to record the logs whilst you create a new survey and try to submit it, so we see the error on the submission from the Outbox, not just opening the error message.

Also, can you provide your XLSForm (xlsx file and any files in media folder)? I would like to see if I can reproduce if I publush your survey, or if there is anything in your XLSForm that may cause an issue.

Can you confirm if you are using AGO or Enterprise (if so what version) and are you using latest version of Connect and field app (3.12)?

Does the error only occur when attach images, if you do not attech images can you send successfully? If so what format are the images and what size?

It appears the error message or error code is null (undefined) hence why the pop-up as no details. But the logs should have some additional information.

Regards

Phil.

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

Here's the requested XLSForm and files.

I am using AGO and running latest version of Connect and field app (3.12).

The consultant has been notified of this post and can provide the requested information.

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

This is the log the consultant sent today

ArcGIS Survey123 version: 3.12.277

Operating system: android - 11.0
Current locale: en_US American English

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @AldousTsang,

I just checked the new log file you sent, it still does not contain any logging information about trying to submit the survey and when the error occurs.You need to get the consultant to enable logging in the settings, then go back to the survey, create a new survey and fill in the all the information, attach the photos etc, and then try to submit. This will cause all surveys in the Outbox to be sent again, and will cause the error which will be logged. Then go into settings, turn the logging off, and then save and send the newly created log file.

As for the XLSForm, I had a quick look and the only issue I found is that you are trying to set a fieldLength on an integer question, and also setting the bind::type to string, but then use an input mask that is integer based. Note that fieldLength does not apply to integer question types and should not be used, as integer fields in a database do not have a fieldLength. Also you should not apply a string bind::type to a integer field if you are trying to do integer based input mask. Not sure if either of these are causing the error, but something to fix up anyway.

PhilipWilson_0-1631255885236.png

The other thing I noticed is that this survey has many image questions. So need to check how many attachments are being added to the surveys that fail, what are the image extension types (.jpg, .png etc), and what size is each image (must be less than 10mb). This may have something to do with the error, as mentioned above by @DougBrowning and my previous post.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos