Select to view content in your preferred language

User cannot edit data in table on Data tab

Jump to solution
01-26-2022 02:51 AM
SaraMiller
New Contributor III

One of my users cannot edit data in the Data tab for his apps in Survey123 online.  When he clicks on a row of data it is highlighted, but when he double-clicks to edit text in a cell, it just highlights the text but does not make it editable.  He has editing permission and can theoretically edit in the 'Form View' of a record but not directly in the table.  Editing in the Form View is not a viable option as many fields are reformatted in new hidden fields so that they display properly in the table, and the original data-entry fields are nulled and not actually part of the feature table.  He is using a Chrome browser.  Copy of the XLS attached, if relevant.

Why can't he simply double-click on a cell to edit the text?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SaraMiller,

This sounds like a permissions or role issue with the account trying to edit. What role and permissions does this user have?

Are you using a web designer survey, or Connect survey, and does the user have same permissions and roles as other users that can edit in the table? Does it work for others that are not the owner?

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SaraMiller,

This sounds like a permissions or role issue with the account trying to edit. What role and permissions does this user have?

Are you using a web designer survey, or Connect survey, and does the user have same permissions and roles as other users that can edit in the table? Does it work for others that are not the owner?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
SaraMiller
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User,

Well, this is embarrassing...  I had created a 'shared update group' and enabled it on the 'Update survey' page of the Collaborate tab in S123 online, but I hadn't actually added the user in question to the group.  DOH!

Am I right that all apps need a shared update group enabled on Update survey if people (who have a 'User' Role) want to be able to edit the data in the S123 online database? 

Many thanks,

Sara

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SaraMiller,

Great, glad you were able to resolve your issue.

And yes, the update groups is needed to be enabled if you want people to edit via the Survey123 website or ArcGIS Online.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos