Select to view content in your preferred language

User and password settings for Survey123

02-04-2024 04:33 PM
SueBavin2
New Contributor

Hi all

I have inherited a Survey123 survey and users have to log in / password on their devices to be able to access the survey. This is new for me. I work in mainly desktop (Pro) and internal enterprise environments. I can't find where the config for user/password is within the items I have available on AGOL for the survey, being a web map, a form, and a couple of hosted features, one of which is editable. I can't see anything in the Group either (there's only a few users). Seems like something I should be able to admin? Esp if/when people forget their passwords. Which literally is why I went searching 😛 

I'm sure it will end up being somewhere really obvious, but I can't find it. Can someone pls assist. ThankU.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottJones1
Occasional Contributor

I believe that one has to have an AGOL account to login, so your users will have to use your login, or their personal login (for their AGOL). A work around is, if you have a multiple user account, creating a generic login and password, they can log in using that generic... I dont think ESRI likes that, but its way too expensive to have all of your users with their own account. 

So if you provided me with your link, I could open your survey123 with my account. I could fill it out and submit. But unlike say GOOGLE FORMS, you cannot just send me a link and I open and fill...

SueBavin2
New Contributor

oh, so there is no Survey123 login/pwd; it's just an AGOL login/pwd. OK. That makes sense. They don't use any other GIS products, only the survey, so I assumed it was related to the survey tool itself. Thank u for replying ScottJones1.