Unique ID for each entry

Jump to solution
06-10-2021 05:21 AM
Uli
by
New Contributor II

I wonder whether it is possible to query the current ObjectId of the survey entry and make it visible in the form.

I want to ensure that the user can see an individual ID for his entry.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Depends how user-friendly you want it to be. Assuming you're using S123 Connect, you can use the uuid() function under calculation. Or you can concatenate a number of fields together (e.g. components of date/time). This post covers both of these options

Note from the post:
Technically, a handmade Ticket Number is not guaranteed to be unique although in practice, if you build it correctly, it will do the job just fine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanteLee

Is this for a new survey submission? If so, I'm pretty sure the answer is no because the ID isn't created until you hit submit

0 Kudos
Uli
by
New Contributor II

Many thanks for the answer. Yes, I was thinking of a new survey submssion, but it is logical that this cannot work. You're right.

Is there any other idea how I can get a unique ID for a new submission?

0 Kudos
DanteLee

Depends how user-friendly you want it to be. Assuming you're using S123 Connect, you can use the uuid() function under calculation. Or you can concatenate a number of fields together (e.g. components of date/time). This post covers both of these options

Note from the post:
Technically, a handmade Ticket Number is not guaranteed to be unique although in practice, if you build it correctly, it will do the job just fine.

Uli
by
New Contributor II

Thank you for the answer and the reference to the post with the different options. For me, the handmade ticket number option is completely sufficient. It works fine.

0 Kudos