Unable to update feature service from Survey123

04-23-2018 10:54 AM
TimothyKing3
Occasional Contributor

I have a Survey123 form that I have been using for about a month and today I tried to add a field and when I try to upload it just hangs.  This is the first time I have had this issue.

Thanks in advance,

LTK

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RyanKnox
New Contributor II

Ironically I'm experiencing the same issue; two new fields and just spins. Hopefully temporary.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Where does the process hang?

I was able to successfully create a new survey using Survey123 Connect, publish, add a new field, and republosh without issue.

Can you please try the same so that we can see if it is survey dependent or potentially related to another variable?

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
TimothyKing3
Occasional Contributor

Brandon, 

I was able to upload a new survey no problem, so it is just hanging with this particular survey. 

Thanks,

LTK

0 Kudos
TimothyKing3
Occasional Contributor

If I do not want to use this new field within a 123 form, could I just add a field that will be used by Staff to update numbers in the feature service or will this new field mess with the original form.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

You should be able to add a field to the feature service without affecting the existing survey(s) based off of it, however, I am reluctant to recommend going that route if you are already encountering issues when attempting to add field(s) to the survey using Survey123 Connect.

If possible, please capture a log of the behavior in Survey123 Connect by using the steps listed in the help document linked here.

Please upload the log to this thread, or send it to me at barmstrong AT esri.com.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
TimothyKing3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Brandon,

I turned on the Logging function as I am still not able to republish the survey.  I can send the log to your email. 

Thanks,

LTK 

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi LTK,

After taking a look at the log file that you sent me, along with the XLSForms before/after the attempt to add a field to an already published survey, it appears that you are encountering an issue that we currently have listed in our internal backlog.

The behavior occurs when the only questions added are within a repeat. One workaround would be to add a question to the parent form at the same time (and subsequently remove it) or add the fields for the questions manually via the ArcGIS Online Item page/ArcGIS Pro and then add the questions to the survey.

Hope this helps,

Brandon

0 Kudos
TimothyKing3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Brandon,

Unfortunately I am having another issue with this feature service within Collector.  I had a crew in the field and they were having issues synching so I had them delete the existing map and they tried to download a new one and they get an error that Map Download Failed- Unable to Download the Map. Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. Exporting data for layer 1 failed.

I started a case with Collector and we were able to find out that for some reason Collector does not like  the Unit Levels related table, and if it is deleted from the webmap it will download.  The reason I have that data in the map is I am also using it in Explorer for people to look at in real time so I would like to keep them in there.  Have you heard of an issue like this before?  I am not sure why Collector would not be able to replicate the feature service.  I have been using this webmap/form/collector workflow for about 6 weeks and this is the first major glitch I  have had.  As for adding the field I am going to hold off for now until I can get this figured out. As a stop gap I am going to have to create another webmap with out the related tables for the one crew that is not able to download the map as they will still be able to collect data through 123 via the feature service they activate in Collector.

Thanks,

LTK

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @TimothyKing3,

Just letting you know that BUG-000113652 has been fixed in the latest 3.13 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community, so it would be great if you can test out the latest beta builds by adding a new question/field only to a repeat (related table) in your survey and publishing from Connect. The app should no longer hang and the publish process should be successful.

Regards,
Phil.

0 Kudos