Unable to create new surveys using web designer

05-14-2019 08:08 AM
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

I have been trying to create new surveys using the Survey123 web designer, however, I have been unable to do so. I have an ArcGIS Online organisational account and I was able to create new surveys in the past. I am still able to create new surveys and publish them using Survey123 Connect. 

I have tried different browsers and different network connections and still encounter the same problem. Could this be an issue with my account? 

This is a screenshot of the error message which I was presented with:

Also seeing this error when I try to delete the survey which failed to be created:

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jevaughn,

Do you happen to know what User Type has been assigned to your ArcGIS Online username?  For a guide, take a look at the following resource...

Understanding User Types: A Survey123 for ArcGIS Guide

As you will see, a 'Creator' user type is needed in order to create/publish surveys using the Survey123 Web Designer.

Please let me know what you find.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

Hi Brandon,

My user role for my ArcGIS Online account is Publisher and my user type is Creator. Therefore I am uncertain as to why I am having this issue.

I recently attempted to create a new survey and received a new error code which can be found below:

Thank you for the response

Regards,

Jevaughn

0 Kudos
JoeTack
New Contributor III

Having the exact same issue, was a resolution found?  Have Creator/Administrator privileges to AGOL organization.  When I get the error message for creating, and refresh the Survey 123, the newly created website is listed, but when I go to open it, the survey page opens but the 3 loading bars never go away to actually open and edit the survey.  

I also get the error message when I delete the survey, but it has been deleted when Survey 123 is refreshed.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe, 

How often are you seeing the timeout error messages?  Do other operations in ArcGIS Online also time out?

0 Kudos
JoeTack
New Contributor III

We are having what I believe are network configuration or bandwidth issues that are affecting all AGOL sites and others as well. MS Edge is working better that Chrome and Internet Explorer.

0 Kudos