Trying to convert survey123 survey files into Esri supported format

12-20-2019 01:28 PM
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

One of our users wants to collect surveys with Survey123, save them as drafts and then store the results in local server since their clients do not want to have the information to be stored online. I have a survey which includes polygons and I have followed the instructions on how to extract the sqllite file form the mobile device.

However, I cannot find a way to convert this file into a format which is supported by Esri and even tried to open the sqlite file in ArcGIS Pro but its format seems to be incorrect since it comes out as empty tables. I am attaching the file to this post for your review. 

James Tedrick‌ can you help?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Thanks James Tedrick‌ 

I have looked at that folder and cannot find the images. Again, the survey was never submitted and it is in the "Drafts" folder. Could this be affecting where the images are being stored?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Asaf,

The images should be copied to "My Survey Attachments" as soon as they are added to the form; the Drafts status doesn't affect the location.  Just to check, the "My Survey Attachments" is in the same ArcGIS folder that contains the "My Surveys\Databases" folder with the sqlite database?

0 Kudos
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Yes. the "My Survey Attachments" is in the same ArcGIS folder that contains the "My Surveys\Databases" folder with the sqlite database

0 Kudos
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

James Tedrick‌ quick update: we tried to work on another phone and indeed all images are in the "My Survey Attachments" folder as you mention so it looks like my phone configuration has something different which we will need to figure out. FYI - I have an SD card installed and it could be that some of my images are being stored there...

0 Kudos