Translating Survey123 into another language: Issues with title and logos

10-18-2018 01:03 PM
ClaireMcGinn1
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have translated a survey from English to French in Survey123 Connect and it worked perfectly for all questions and hints. My issue is with the Form title and the logo that is included as a note type field. The form does not seem to be able to translate the title into the different languages and the logo disappears in the french form.

I need to point out that my form is based as a web browser form and not in the Survey123 Application. The logo seems to appear in the form preview for both default (English) and French language so this could be a bug with the web browser application. The Title of the form stays in English on both forms in Survey123 Connect preview; So I must not have the correct code to use. I have tried form_title::fr, form_title::French(fr), label::French(fr) and label::(fr) with no success.

Thanks,

Claire

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Claire,

For the image, you will need to have an image::French(fr) column and reference the image in it as well as the original image column.

The form title is the one unlocalizable text property in the XLS Form specification; you could provide the title in both languages as an alternative.

ClaireMcGinn1
New Contributor II

James,

Thanks for the quick response. I have the logo under the media::image column and wanted to replicate that in the French form. From the documentation I thought the image::French(fr) was only for choices to questions (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformmultiplelanguagesupport.htm#ESRI_S...). Am I able to add another field called image::French(fr) to the main survey form?

And thats a shame about the title. Do you think in the future this will be changed?

Claire

ClaireMcGinn1
New Contributor II

James,

The image field worked in the main survey form  

Thank you for all your help!

Claire

0 Kudos