Time Stamp and Date Range Filter Problems

10-01-2018 10:20 AM
AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

I know survey time stamps submitted data 8 hours ahead of Pacific Coast time zone (my location) due to the WGS coordinate system it uses. Since the time stamp is a hidden attribute, and the creation date field is turned off by default when viewing data in Survey123 website, this can create big problems when extracting data using a date range filter if this variance is not accurately accounted for.

Recently I discovered a new problem when using the "in between" date filter. Survey does not consistently filter data correctly, leaving out features that fall within my date range. For example, my date filter is set to return all created features between 9/14 and 9/26. I get features from 9/14, but nothing from 9/26. At first I thought features were getting dated on the following day since they are time stamped 8 hours into the future, but that was not the case. The same filter set to 9/14 and 9/27 now returns those missing records, still dated 9/26. 

We regularly extract survey data based on very specific date ranges. I am concerned that between the time stamp difference and inconsistent filtering, we maybe missing large amounts of collected data. What is causing this and is there a solution to fix this issue? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adam, 

The between function on the web filter's end date is interpreted as being exclusive of the value.  Given that ArcGIS Online's equivalent search is inclusive of the value, I've filed an issue to align teh Survey123 website to make this inclusive.

AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you,

That would be a big help. Can you please reply again to this thread when the that fix has been made. Right now I am offsetting our date range filters by 1 day on the back end to include the "to" date within the range.

0 Kudos