time changes with repeat

02-21-2019 02:01 AM
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

Dear Esri team,

I created surveys  with each survey i gave a unique number to ID with " ${task_order_organization_code} + '-NTS-' + format-date(${nts_date},'%Y%m%d') + '-' + format-date(${nts_time},'%H%M') " to generate unique ID, 

in my survey i have a repeat group the ID changes with each time i add repeat according this time i add repeat So my question is there anyway that repeat not effect  my ID to change, i attached picture to clear my question.

i really appreciate your help 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rawand

Thanks for the screenshot. Would it be possible to provide your XLSForm so I can see how your survey is structured?

Kind regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

sure but i don't see any icons to attach files here !!

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rawand, you can attach files in the advanced editor (click "Use advanced editor" option in top-right of the reply panel).

0 Kudos
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

Jim XLSForm attached 

0 Kudos
PhilipQueen
Occasional Contributor

Rawand,

I haven't used now() or today() commands much before, but maybe the once() command could solve this issue? The evaluation of time commands is explained a bit here: https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-logic/#form-logic-gotchas 

Hope that helps,

Philip

0 Kudos
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

Dear Philip,

I was tried with once() as well but time was changing constantly after adding repeat relying on that time you clicked the repeat. 

noted: i put style(pages) on my survey

thank you

0 Kudos
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

i found the solution when i put hidden type for time it will change but changing hidden type to time it will not change now the issue is i want make time to not appear on my survey

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rawand, thanks for the XLSForm. I've tested your survey on the latest version 3.3 (which was released today) and I'm not seeing this issue. If possible, could you please try it out with version 3.3 and let me know if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Jim