Survey123 with Field Maps

Jump to solution
06-20-2023 02:21 AM
cat206
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I have an exisitng Feature layer within AGOL for assets and I have been asked to create a survey123 form so workers can click on the point on the map (perhaps Field Maps app) and open up a survey to collect condition scores and other information, plus photos, i need to link the two together. This seems doable with a link within the pop-up to go to the survey but I need some of the existing attributes, such as asset reference numbers and location to be carried over automatically from the existing layer. The reason I've been asked to look into Survey123 is due to the PDF export capabilities and adding company logo's to make it look professional.

I'm completely new to Survey123, but i think it's doable to add a link into the field maps pop up to enable them to create a survey within survey123 but i don't know how to carry over some attribute data. 

I came across this community page where someone has stated using the below code:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=ItemIDSurveyForm&field:FieldNameInSurvey123={FieldNameInFieldMaps} but i'm not sure where this would go, does it need to go into an .xls survey123 connect form and how it would work with trying to get multiple fields. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @cat206 

The link above would be a added as a pop up for the layer so that for any point selected in the web map, the same link can be clicked.

There are two prefixes for the link that can be used: 

I recommend taking a look at the following documentation to get you started and build up from simply opening the correct survey and then gradually passing more and more fields:

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @cat206 

The link above would be a added as a pop up for the layer so that for any point selected in the web map, the same link can be clicked.

There are two prefixes for the link that can be used: 

I recommend taking a look at the following documentation to get you started and build up from simply opening the correct survey and then gradually passing more and more fields:

Hope this helps

cat206
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Richard! That document looks to hold the answer i need of where to put the code for the attributes 

0 Kudos