Survey123 Webview Issues

07-30-2019 09:51 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am not sure why, but the extent I set on my survey maps has defaulted to world view on the data view tab on my surveys. I have been out of town for three weeks and have come back and noticed this. Before I left, I made sure all my surveys were in proper working order and the extent on the map viewer displayed the city where I work. I have researched some solutions and can not seem to get any of the recommended solutions to work. I have set the map settings to the proper extent in Connect and republished and no change. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is this a bug with the new version release? Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Doug,

The map extent on Data tab on survey123 website was not reading the map setting from Connect. The Data tab would always display the world extend in the begining and will change the extend while you click the individual record. If you could provide us some screenshots of your issues, maybe we can look into this further.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Doug,

By design,

• When there’s only one record in the survey: the zoom level of the home location set in the Survey123 Connect/web designer will be used, but the map center will be the submitted geopoint itself.

When there are multiple records in the survey: the default extent of the large map in the Data page will always be the combined envelope of all geometries in the survey.

The issue you described above seems to be an existing issue we are still working on (BUG-000123663 The Data tab fails to zoom to the point extent initially for Survey123 for ArcGIS website.).

This issue is targeted to be addressed in our next release, so please check the issue again when the new release is available.

Thanks,

0 Kudos