Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Website Data Page No Longer Loading on Some Surveys

Wednesday
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Starting yesterday I noticed issues with some surveys on the Survey123 website, where I cannot get the Data page to load, I have encountered this on Chrome and Edge. The issue seems tied to surveys I have had issues with due to having a null geopoint question related to these bugs:

BUG-000147659: The stakeholder or results view layer created from the ArcGIS Survey123 Collaborate tab generated a duplicate table in ArcGIS Online if the survey is using a hosted table.

BUG-000146472: The submission fails when publishing a survey with multiple geopoint, geotrace, or geoshape questions, where the first geometry question has bind::esri:fieldType of null, which creates a hosted table instead of a hosted feature layer.

I've also gone over experiencing issues with just the form panel not loading on the Data page before and the extra tables here: Results View Contains Additional Tables compared t... - Esri Community but it seems the issue has escalated..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @RobertAnderson3 ,

Sorry I cannot reproduece your issue. Could you please provide us a XLSForm that can reproduce the issue so that we can investigate further? A network recording HAR file can also be really helpful.

1. Please open your developer tools by pressing F12, go to network tab
  2. While the developer tool is opened, reload the data page that you encountered the error
  3. Save the network request as HAR file

If you don't want to post the files here, please send the files to jxu@esri.com

Ruth_JiatengXu_0-1726135643709.png

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @Ruth_JiatengXu 

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

This situation has occurred on surveys I have created that have a null geopoint (I plan on removing this and re-creating the surveys to get layers instead of tables, I just need to find an appropriate time as they are live) and then they have been shared with groups in my organization, this results in a results view with an extra table.

This had already been causing issues with the form view pane loading in the Survey123 website but after the update on September 10th seems to have completely broken the loading.

When I first open the developer tools, the console tab shows this error:

RobertAnderson3_1-1726154685743.png

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Working with Esri Support we have isolated the issue as a part of the search() appearance that I am using, it is unable to load a CSV that is referenced, causing the Data tab not to load. When that appearance is removed the page loads.

I am referencing it through the REST services URL in this case as I have feature layers as well that it references, since the website update on the 10th it can no longer find this file this way.

if(${AssetType}='96','grass?url=https://services1.arcgis.com/URLSECTION/arcgis/rest/services/FacilitiesAssets/FeatureServer/0','')

However, when I have the file referenced in the normal CSV way it does not have issues and those forms work. These are both using the same hosted CSV in ArcGIS Online, just calling them in different ways.

autocomplete search('FacilitiesAssets','contains','ActCode',${activitycode})

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

@RobertAnderson3 Thank you for reporting the issue. We have planned a hotfix by the end of next week to address this. 

0 Kudos