Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 using XLSFORM, quantities

Jump to solution
08-21-2019 01:15 PM
John_RMellor__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I'm new to Survey123, and I'm using Connect for ArcGIS Survey123.  How can I set up my form so that when I have my list of items instead of using a checkbox to check an item ON, I use a text box so the field user can enter a quantity.

So in the attached example, I want to place a "3" in the box to the left of "Bench" to request three benches and "100" in the box to the left of "Brick" to request one hundred bricks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
John_RMellor__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Would there be a better option than blank pages?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

John, it is true that you cannot hide a full page, but this sounds like a very useful idea and should be added as an https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas page. I have a form which contains a series of pages that are driven by relevant questions and it would be nice to skip over the pages that do not require answers.

You could simply place a not on the page that states this is just a place holder and to please proceed to the next page. You should be able to use a note question with an if() that is relevant to the answer of the page limiting question in terms of the note displaying at the top of the page or not?

The other option would be to have your survey setup as a series of "Groups" that would be visible based on the answer to the question leaving you with 4 or 6 groups of questions that could be answered. The only issue would be the number of questions that you had on the original pages and how far down the user would have to scroll down to answer all questions.

0 Kudos